Registration for Norwalk Athletics require the following steps:
1. A parent or guardian must fill out the online registration. An athlete may not register themself! If you are already registered in the system, you only need to choose another sport for your athlete and check off the supplementary material such as policy agreement, permission to treat and concussion information.
2. A current physical needs to be on file in the nurse's office. The physical is valid for 13 months from the time of the physical date. It must be filled out on the State of Connecticut Health Assessment blue form. Return the completed form to the nurse's office. Do not turn it in to the coach. Health Assessment forms can be found here.
If an athlete attends AITE, or another alternative program, we need a physical on file with the Brien McMahon High School nurse. McMahon athletes on co-op teams can turn in their physical to their school nurse.
3. Student's need to be passing four credits and have at least a 1.7 GPA. Incoming Freshmen are exempt from this for the first quarter.
4. Parents and student athletes will be asked if they have read and agree to all policies in the student athlete handbook. This includes understanding and agreeing to the Drug and Alcohol Pledge and Hazing Policy. To complete your registration you will need to verify that you completed these tasks. Please click here for the Athletic Handbook for Athletes and Parents.
5. Parents and student athletes must watch a video on concussion awareness and read educational materials concerning concussions. To complete your registration you will need to verify that you completed these state mandates.